HO'ONANI by Ajith

I found this 30ml. bottle locally and what I smelled before purchase had me hurry home to do a side by side comparison with an old favorite of mine that goes by the name of Ricci Club Haute Concentration.

Googling info on this obtuse Hawaiian creation had me shaking my head in disbelief. One claim is that it's genuinely "unisex" and the other is that it's a light, sensuous Hawaiian with Jasmine overtones. Allow me to say it leans masculine and that Jasmine is nothing more than a subtle accent note.

Folks, allow me to introduce you to Ricci Club Junior. The opening of HO'ONANI is a lighter rendition of Ricci Club's interpretation of citric lavender and green, woody undertones. If there could be a Ricci Club Sport, this would be it for me.

Once the top accord subsides, I am reminded of well blended Geranium, Cypress, subtle Rose and an anonymous fruit note. This heart stage is where HO'ONANI and Ricci seem to go different paths, but they soon meet up again in the base and drydown. Ricci has more presence at this point, emphasizing citrus and woods while HO'ONANI showcases a newly materializing herbal quality to go along with its woody citrus.

In spite of being less "substantial" than Ricci Club, there sure seems to be similarities in implemented notes. The woods, amber, earth tones and light musk in the finish are in keeping with this line of thought. All in all, this toned down citric-herbal-woody is surprisingly good and an enjoyable wear, especially in heat.

Sillage is average with longevity approximately 4 hours on my skin. Thumbs up from Aromi for HO'ONANI by Ajith. As always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Silver by Etienne Aigner