Joy EDP by Jean Patou

Aldehydes, Tuberose, Green Notes, Ylang Ylang, Rose, Orchid, Orris Root, Jasmine, Muguet, Rose, Sandalwood, Musk, Civet.

I'm happy to sneak a review in of Patou's Joy since my hectic schedule ( as of late ) has curtailed any enjoyment I may find outside of my job. I have been asked recently if I was forgoing the blog and fragrance reviews altogether. My answer is hell no. I have fragrances I need to sample and review, but work has become crushing and I'll eventually return to a ( somewhat ) normal routine. Well........I'm hoping it will soon............

Anyway, I'll start by saying I do not know how different the earlier renditions of Joy may have been compared to the bottle that sits before me now. The version I have is in no way vintage, but that means less and less to me as time marches on. We'll never get those oldies back, so it's pointless to carry on about it.

Joy's opening is classically floral and sans any mustiness I've experienced with others in this genre and time period. The wearings I've experienced seem to have all the floral components developing at once. It shimmers in a reserved fashion and showcases the entire floral array on my skin except Orchid. Either I can't detect it or it simply doesn't bloom on me. What does blossom is the green aspect accenting the Rose, Jasmine and Orris. It's a feminine accord that's sophisticated, somewhat reserved yet sexy. That's a pretty neat trick if you ask me.

I suppose I'm most impressed by the blending evident in Joy. Overall, the aroma is full bodied but sans anything overbearing or heavy. The tuning of implemented notes leaves the wearing smelling fresh but never frivolous. Joy is not a casual wear, but doesn't become "serious" either. It falls in between and ends up landing upon "sensually mature".

The green floral quality never evaporates on my skin during any of the wearings. It's rather smooth and the "green" utilized here doesn't possess that cutting quality I normally experience. It assimilates politely and plays well with the nicely integrated earth, floral and sensual tones.

Naturally, any fragrance can be worn by anyone, regardless of age. I will say however, that I'm of the persuasion that Joy would be more suited for women 30 years and upwards. It's simply my opinion and nothing more. Thumbs up from Aromi for Jean Patou's Joy and as always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited