Aoud Violet by Mancera

Bergamot, Spices, Green Notes, Violet, Patchouli Leaves, Oud, Vetiver, Amber, White Musk.

First, permit me to say that Aoud Violet is not an oud fragrance. Mancera has surprised me recently with some very well constructed releases that steer away from the oud note.

That's actually a breath of fresh air since there are already so many variations of oud. It would be fruitless however if the non-oud scents weren't any good. So far, what I've encountered are fragrances that stand on their own, possess nice sillage, longevity and wear like you'd expect a well made creation to wear. Aoud Violet fits this criteria for me, although it does lean a tad feminine, but no more so than other violet dominant scents I own (and sometimes wear).

Aoud Violet truly is about violet that tilts green. The opening affords a nice augmentation courtesy of citrus and what I perceive as a very mild pepper. As the wearings march on, patchouli and vetiver manifest themselves, on my skin at least, as complimentary earth tones. They don't come to fruition in their full dress uniforms. They are subtle suggestions and never steal the focus off the violet note.

I never experience oud in my wearings. Even in the extended drydown, but I'm not bitching. I have enough ouds and some of you folks may detect it where I cannot. As is stands, Aoud Violet has good sillage, longevity of about 6 hours plus and smells very good and full bodied. Thumbs up from Aromi for Mancera's Aoud Violet and as always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

  1. I must express my thanks to the writer for rescuing me from such a condition. Just after searching through the online world and meeting solutions which are not pleasant, I figured my entire life was well over. Being alive devoid of the solutions to the difficulties you have solved through this post is a serious case, and the ones that could have adversely damaged my career if I hadn't encountered your blog post. Your own ability and kindness in playing with every aspect was crucial. I'm not sure what I would have done if I had not discovered such a stuff like this. I can at this time relish my future. Thank you so much for your expert and result oriented help. I will not think twice to recommend your web site to any individual who needs guidance about this matter.
    essential oils for skin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited