Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Bergamot, Sicilian Lemon, Black Currant, Cold Spices, Fruit Basket, Aquatic Jasmine, Patchouli Leaves, Sandal, Cedar, Woods, Leather, Moss, White Musk, Vanilla.

Well, we certainly have a truckload of notes here in Cedrat Boise. If you're wondering what exactly is Cold Spices, Fruit Basket and Aquatic Jasmine, I have no answer for you except "Who cares right"? The totality smells really good, so as far as I'm concerned, the house of Mancera can get as avant-garde as they wish with names. The citrus accord I experience while wearing this is above anything I expected from a company that is synonymous with woods and oud.

Now, there's more going on here besides Lemon, but Mancera has somehow manged to tune this creation in such a way as to showcase the citric aspect for basically the life of the scent. No small feat if you ask me.

Another thing is that if I didn't know anything about this scent other than to smell it blind, I would think it's an Italian fragrance. All these listed notes, at least on my skin, are nothing more than supporting actors here and that's not a derogatory remark.

After 30 minutes, the citrus diminishes enough to blend with subtle suggestions of wood, earth and herbs. Cedrat Boise is never loud, even from the opening accord, but it does possess a full bodied quality throughout.


Sillage is average with longevity approximately 6 hours on me as a close scent and even longer as a skin scent. Thumbs up from Aromi for Mancera's Cedrat Boise and as always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited