Reminiscence Patchouli by Reminiscence

 

Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Labdanum, Vanilla, Tonka, Vetiver, Musk.


My Achilles heel has always been the Patchouli note. I know it's a love it or hate it note for many. I have always loved Patchouli dominant fragrance since the 1970's. Yes.....I said the 70's. I had an extended hospital stay in 1977, One of the nurses, who worked my floor, wore patchouli every day. That's all it took for me.


I've owned Reminiscence Elixir, Eau de Patchouli and a revised version of this. All were different and all were good. The original version of Reminiscence Patchouli, which I am reviewing, is also different and more related to Bois 1920 Real Patchouly and definitely related to the updated release in my previous review.



The first thing one notices when spritzing this particular Reminiscence version of Patchouli is..........Patchouli !!! I'd say it's moist as opposed to wet and within minutes the perceived condensation evaporates, leaving a drier version of patch mingled with the usual culprits of earth tones you'd expect. The blending of earth and woods is something patch aficionados would appreciate. Nothing spectacular mind you, but well done from a house known to do Patchouli rather well.



I deem this version a Chypiental since it incorporates both Chypre and Oriental leanings to support the star note. Sillage is moderate as is the overall volume, with longevity at 4 hours PLUS a bit more than that as a skin scent. The Van-Amber accord rears its head on me after 90 minutes or so and makes this a real comfort scent for lovers of Patchouli. Thumbs up for the original release of Reminiscence Patchouli. A sample wear is highly recommended and is, after all, just common sense to try it before you buy it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Silver by Etienne Aigner